Transportation the SmartWay
Arandell became a SmartWay partner in June 2008. The Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) SmartWaySM Transport Partnership is an innovative effort of the EPA that reduces greenhouse gas and other air pollutant and improves fuel efficiency. The partnership recognizes its partners for setting and achieving greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction goals in freight transportation.
Benefiting the Environment
SmartWay is a voluntary collaboration between the EPA and the freight industry to improve the efficiency of freight transportation for the benefit of the environment. Through its market-based approach, the partnership offers participants the opportunity to improve energy efficiency, save money, reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and improve air quality.
Arandell’s SmartWay Committment
SmartWay Partners use freight carriers who are improving their own fuel efficiency, while also improving the efficiency of the shipping and receiving operations. By joining SmartWay, Arandell commits to the following:
- Increase the percentage of freight shipped by SmartWay Transport Partnership carriers
- Measure the greenhouse gas (GHG) emission of our operations using the FLEET Performance Model
- Identify goals to reduce the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from freight facility operations
- Develop a plan, detailing how each of these goals will be achieved
- Report progress toward achieving each of these goals to the EPA annually
As a progressive company, we are committed to understanding and reducing the environmental impact of our shipping operations. The EPA gives us the tools to estimate emissions that result from our shipping practices. Understanding our environmental footprint allows us to continue to improve the efficiency of our facility dock and shipping operations. Becoming a SmartWay partner further confirms Arandell’s dedication to mitigating its environmental footprint.